Thursday, December 08, 2005

Writers needed for new Food Blog Network



As some of you already know, Megan of I Heart Bacon and myself are in the midst of starting a food blog network. We're working on releasing 48 new blogs covering a plethora of topics, from cookbooks and Food Literature, to blogs covering the various food scenes across the world.

This network will be a little different from others, in that we are allowing writers to submit posts to any blog within the network. This will allow us to focus on the quality of posts, rather than the quantity.

Writers (and editors) will be paid. Without going into too much detail here, the network has currently pledged that 50% of all ad revenue will go to paying the people who provide the content. We thought this a better model, as it will help ensure that as the company grows everyone benefits.

We are looking to release four initial blogs at the beginning of 2006. They are:

  • Sugar Savvy - A chocolate and Candy blog

  • The Spirit World - A blog about bars and liquor

  • Paper Palate - A blog dedicated to covering food sections of newspapers as well as food magazines

  • Growers & Grocers - A blog about farmers, and the infrastructure that gets their products to the markets.


  • Several of the editors have told me that they would like a few more writers to fill out their blogs. That's where you come in.

    If you are interested in blogging for this network, feel free to e-mail me at Kate@accidentalhedonist.com. I will connect you to the appropriate editors.

    To put all of our cards on the table, you should know that it may take several months, even a year or so, to make this a worthwhile venture for you. We are considered a "ground up" operation, as we have no investment capital to start this project. Everything that is currently in place has come out of our pockets.

    But we do think that there's a tremendous potential here. If you feel this way as well, please contact me for more information.

    I will answer any and all questions, both those posted here, and those sent to my e-mail address.


    This post was written by Kate from Accidental Hedonist


    4 comments:

    Owen said...

    Kate - I'll email you. About this and about the awards and I even have to email you about Digital Dish - you have a tiny royalty check coming (as do all the other contributors...)

    My real job is as publishing director for a brand new online publishing company. I have learned many of the secrets of the SEO wizards (which change constantly). I have lots of ideas about food blog to print possibilities, etc. etc. I think you have several other revenue streams open to you in this project.

    Plus it would be fun to be part of this anyway.

    Cate said...

    Kate - I sent you an e-mail. :)

    grace said...

    This sounds cool.. I dont know d mechanics, but I'm interested to join

    Culinarily Obsessed said...

    Kate, this sounds great! I sent you an email =)