Saturday, November 04, 2006

[General Template Central] PsycHo: Free Template Generator

I am currently creating a new food blog called EAT - A Tribute to Mary Cantwell and, in looking for a new template, discovered this:
PsycHo: Free Template Generator. I like it (so far!) because it allows you the option of creating either a two or three column template, as well as customizing color elements and some of the fonts as well.

I have encountered one problem so far. When I designed my template, it had a title section on the same line as the date above the post, but, when I created my test post, there was no window in blogger to use for a title. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to alter the template to do this? In looking at the code which is there already, I kind of assumed it was set up that way to begin with, but even if there is no remedy for this, I still like the layout and hope it comes in handy for anyone else looking for a little bit of adventure ;-).

Many thanks for your input.

This Post was written by Willa Frank from SORRY FUGU

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Willa,

I haven't used this before and I won't be able to help on your question... but I just wanted to thank you in pointing me in the direction of this template builder!

Good luck with it.

Willa Frank said...

Thanks, Bonnie. I am always on the lookout for simple ways to build new templates and my Sorry Fugu template is one I found earlier -- a three column version of Blogger's classic Minima, by Thur Broeders -- and then customized by me.

This new template generator, though, allows you to see the way what you are building looks as you go along. If you change your mind about something, you just go back and change it before you generate the final code. Even if you choose not to use it for a template, it's fun to play with and see what the possibilities can be! :-)

Mlle Mange said...

well, this is interesting! i just logged into EAT to check some public settings and found that now there IS a title box--as well as a new one for links, just below it. and this is NOT blogger beta, just good old blogger. now i really AM confused! :-)

Liz said...

Ooh FUN! Thanks Willa! After playing with this I've actually learned a little bit more about my current template, and a little more HTML than I did before.

Willa Frank said...

Dear Liz,

It is fun, isn't it? I am still trying to figure out how to customize parts of it, but that's part of learning, too, huh? :-)