Ok, the food blogging community is lovely, everyone helps each other, yadda yadda. I try and do my part by having my contact details on my blog so that people can email me directly with any queries they have. About 80% of those are recipe inquiries, but the other 20% are either photography or blogging questions from relatively new bloggers (and the odd request for a link exchange, which I delicately push towards Kalyn's post which answers it far more politely than I could).
Despite some of the questions that I get sent (including the manner in which they're asked!!), I try and answer in a quick, polite, informative and friendly manner. Many times these questions have answers that would be readily available to the asker if they chose to use Google, but I still take the time to answer, and depending on the question this can be quite time-consuming.
However, I'm beginning to lose patience with the attitude that I'm beginning to perceive - there has been many an email that I've sent in reply (that has required quite a bit of thought and typing), always ending with an offer for them to feel free to ask any more questions and I don't get any acknowledgment that they received the email, found the information useful or even a thank you.
I'm looking for advice for any bloggers who deal with a large amount of these sorts of inquiries - do you bother answering every email that is sent to you? How do you cope with the occasional rude and demanding request for help, and keep your cool when you get nary a thanks for your effort?
This Post was written by Ellie from Kitchen Wench
P.S. Apologies again for the rather short tone here, am also extremely hungover which didn't help my mood when I got the most recent of these sorts of emails this morning...
P.S. I don't mean to condemn all new bloggers - for every rude/demanding person that contacts me, there's 5 very sweet, lovely and very polite ones. The rude ones just affect me more as I'm generally a bit of a grumpy sort, especially in the mornings which is when I do most of my email-answering.