Sunday, April 27, 2008

Feed Not Updating for a Reader, Any Ideas?

Yesterday I got this e-mail from a reader:

Back in the fall, I created a "My Yahoo" page and had
kalynskitchen as my top displayed feed. (I believe it
is considered an RSS feed.) A couple weeks ago, your
site quit updating itself on my yahoo page. The last
update was the pork stir fry from three weeks ago.

I emailed Yahoo about this, and they say they can't do
anything about it. All my other RSS feeds are
continuing to update themselves. Do you have any idea why
this has happened?
I have no idea why her feed isn't updating. I subscribe to my own site through bloglines and haven't had any problems. The only thing I could think to recommend was that she re-subscribe through the link on my site. Here's what happened:

OK, this is stranger by the minute.  I re-subscribed
thru your site, and it came up on My Yahoo page, with
the 3 week old pork stir fry recipe heading the
way...just like the other feed.

Do any of you who are more tech-savvy than I am have any idea what's wrong and what I could suggest. Thanks in advance for any help.

This post written by Kalyn from Kalyn's Kitchen.



6 comments:

Elise said...

Sounds like it could be a problem with MyYahoo. It's happened to me periodically.

Kalyn Denny said...

Thanks, Elise. Darn, I was hoping I could help her with it.

Alanna Kellogg said...

You might check with Danielle from Habeas Brulee. A year or so back, her feed got "stuck" and they had to do something to nudge it full again, what I don't remember.

Nabeela said...

I am afraid my rss feeds stopped updating all-together in November 2007......for all the blogs!!!! I'm guessing it's saomething to do with my internet explorer...I resubscribed to all the blogs too...didn't help :(

Kalyn Denny said...

Thanks Alanna and Nabeela. I'm waiting to hear back from her, she had a friend who was going to try something.

Kalyn Denny said...

I heard back from this reader that the feed somehow "fixed" itself, after nothing she tried had worked. Still a mystery.