Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yet More Content Theft

Hello all,

This site http://www.fukien.net.cn/ has now nicked three of my posts -

http://www.fukien.net.cn/?p=823
http://www.fukien.net.cn/?p=870
http://www.fukien.net.cn/?p=871

There is a note at the bottom of the site to say that a link is provided leading back to the original content - apparently you get there by clicking the 'original text' link. There is no link.

I wanted to alert everyone as they may have stolen content from your sites also. I need to look into what action to take about this - it is driving me crazy. I've tried e-mailing the author but had no response and also tried leaving a comment, to which they responded by nicking another of my posts literally minutes later. Grrrr.


This Post was written by Helen from Food Stories

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oops, sorry, should have made those links links if you know what I mean. Sorry S'Coolers.

Andrew said...

not much you can do I expect - except report the site to google (which I have just done).

I doubt this works as they can just go and set up another site but I note the few who nicked my stuff in the past have vanished.

What I've noticed recently are bloggers hotlinking to my photos. Really really annoys me. All they have to do is ask and provide a link back...

Anonymous said...

Ah, I will report them to google definitely. Even if they do go and set up another site I would like them to at least be inconvenienced.

Anonymous said...

I dealt with one of these recently (vegelate.com). I contacted Google Adsense to get my content removed and it was taken off and they sent me a note that the account was being reinstated.

I pointed out to google that the paragraph at the bottom basically says that they're reposting copyrighted content which is a violation of adense's own terms & conditions.

They said that they didn't know until the account put the ads back up where they were going to put the ads so they couldn't just cancel their account.

Stupid. They know it's a splog. So I spent a few minutes going around and tracking the original posts and letting the writers know. Stupid google.

Anonymous said...

I have a bit of good news for you. Even though the domain is Chinese, the site appears to be hosted in the U.S. I double checked this.

You can send a DMCA notice to abuse at dreamhost dot com and they should take care of it pretty quickly, as usual, information on my site if you need it!

Let me know if I can help!

Anonymous said...

Thanks all. I just discovered your replies. I am really pleased to hear your discovery Jonathan - thank you for taking the time to do that. I will most definitely look into the DMCA notice. I don't want to let them get away with it.

I'll keep you updated, thanks again,

Helen.