Thursday, August 23, 2007

Issue: Blogger Comments using Firefox

Hi and Happy Thursday!

I'm having problems with Firefox and comments. I use Blogger and blogger templates. Folks coming into Daily Eats on Firefox can't leave comments. When you try to leave a comment in firefox on dailyeats a program tried to download. Food Blog S'cool is using blogger there's no issue with comments.

Anyone else have this problem?
Is there a fix for it?

The site traffic on DE indicates only a 2% of my traffic is using Firefox. But that 2% could want to join in on the conversation and can't do so because of this problem.

Thanks Alanna for pointing this out.

any help is so appreciated!

Thank you so much!
Tery


This Post was written by Tery Spataro from Daily Eats

4 comments:

Susan Voisin said...

Tery, I have never seen that problem before. I use Blogger and Firefox, and I've never had a problem commenting on my own blog or other Blogger blogs. I took a look at your blog, and it does exactly what you said. Without being able to see your template, I can't figure out what the problem might be. I hope that one of the more technically-inclined members here might be able to help.

Kalyn Denny said...

I believe it might be something to do with the app you used to save your v-cast, because when I tried to view the v-cast from the link you sent me, I got the same message I got when I tried to leave a comment. Beyond that, no idea what the problem is.

Tery Spataro said...

Thanks Susan and Kalyn! I wonder if the problem is with java or maybe flash and firefox. The vcast is done through Youtube that's flash. I tried the site using Netscape 8 and it works great - it even looks better.

I love a good puzzle.

Almost Vegetarian said...

Hmmm. I, too, use both Firefox and Blogger and have no problems. And I agree. It must be a coding problem.

Cheers!