Sunday, November 05, 2006

Blog Stats Package

I've been using Blog Flux to measure site hits and I really like the data it provides, with a good global map and with a daily, weekly, monthly and annual breakdown of data on referrals, search phrases, browsers, etc.

However... performance on Blog Flux has gone from bad to worse, to the point where the delays and failures now take up an appreciable amount of my time. Quite frankly, I can't stand using the package any longer.

Does anyone use anything offering a comparable or better package of data that actually works?

This Post was written by Trig from Aidan Brooks: Trainee Chef

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Google Analytics (free) for the heavy lifting.
Simpler alternatives I use are stat counter (statcounter.com) and also worth a look is performancing metrics (performancing.com).
They all offer slightly different stats. For example, statcounters is near real time, performancing can show you where people click to (outside your site), and almost real time as well, and google analytics as the most ways to slice and dice your stats but updates only a few times a day.

They are all easy to setup (paste a bit of html/javascript) into your template, and in case you can't decide which one to use, they can be all active at the same time.

Alanna Kellogg said...

I'm happy with MyBlogLog because of especially because how it tracks outgoing clicks ... and it's a small company, but has been VERY responsive when I've had questions. There's a free version but I upgraded, only $3 a month.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

I use StatCounter - http://statcounter.com/

They are fantastic and offer great graphics and interesting information. I love their support as they respond within minutes. Seriously!!! The big plis is that they count in real time. It is free and can be updated to a pro account if desired!

Trig said...

Thanks guys. I've implemented Google Analytics and I'm very happy with the information it generates. I might also try Statcounter in parallel and see how they compare.

Once again, thanks for the great advice. BlogFlux was fine when I started using it but is now virtually unworkable.

Trig said...

Not so happy now. Google Analytics was down for 7 hours yesterday (I checked my ssite stats and those of a friend's site) and it's been down for 2 hours today. They just dump incoming stats rather than queue for processing later. Searching the web shows that there has been a history of GA being down. When up it's great, though.