Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Why is my blog ranked high in search on Google but not Yahoo?

Most, if not all, of my traffic to my blog Central Florida Restaurant Mom comes from searches on Google. I did a test putting in "five guys burgers fries review orlando FL" (one of my recent reviews) in both Google and Yahoo. I come up at the #1 spot on Google and am NOWHERE on Yahoo. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can improve my ranking on Yahoo? I know Yahoo gets my feed because I have a myYahoo page and it comes in correctly there. Is it because my site is on Blogger and that is owned by Google? Does Yahoo not incorporate blogs into its search index and Google does?

This Post was written by RestaurantMom

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Snap ... now I've got something else to be neurotic about!

kamarul said...

Yeahh...I have same situation as you do. Currently 60-70% of my traffics was came from Google and only 5% from Yahoo. The reason is because the different of their search algorithm.

As far as I know, Google rank the result base on their PR(PageRank) technology.

Just my sense...hehe

InstinctIS said...

Since recent changes on Google, the PageRank checking became an isue, yet it can still be checked by this free tool: http://domof.com . Use the returned seo information wisely and save it as pdf file for refference (look for a button: "Seo Report - Download").