Thursday, October 27, 2005

Can't figure out template to suit Firefox/Internet Explorer

I'm going bonkers, I can't seem to get the formatting down to suit both firefox and internet explorer. Whenever I change template to look good on IE ( what I use), it looks bad on firefox. And when I go to change something on FF (only can do this on bf's computer, can't download on computers at work) makes it look crappy on IE. Friends have been nice enough to mention to me when posts are all the way to the left in firefox. Please help! I'm losing my mind over this!
M of Mona's Apple.

6 comments:

Alanna Kellogg said...

Not sure this'll help but when a designer/programmer were working on one of my sites a couple of years ago, they actually had to build different versions for IE/Netscape (and since then for FireFox) because there was just no satisfying both. See? If Bill Gates only DID rule the world, we'd never have this problem! (Just kidding ... but it is a result of the competitive market.)

Mona said...

You're kidding, that's amazing!
And perfectly terrible news :( I can barely afford rent let alone a designer to take over the technicals of my blog. Thanks for your advice though!!

Mona said...

the body/content. when i center it in internet explorer, people using firefox tell me it's all the way to the left. and then when i change/test it out on firefox, i look at it on i.e. and it's totally off.

Owen said...

looks to me like the title is centering and the posts are to the left. THe thing that is happening is that the posts are not moving when you change the window width so they must be set somehow to absolute locations, NOT relative/floating while the title is relative/floating.

The only error I saw in a very quick look is that one fo your first margin statements uses a small letter o rather than a number o.

Mona said...

Thanks all for all your helpful comments. Maybe the problem is solved :)

Figure Competition Suits said...

We have an online measurement form to make completing easier for your bikini competition suits,figure competition suits,competition bikini,Custom Bikini,Custom Bathing Suits, Figure Posing Suits,Custom Made Bathing Suit,Bathing Suits for Woman.