Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Wordpress.com invite


I just received an invite to Wordpress.com, the stripped down, free hosted version of Wordpress. I'm not going to use it, and am offering to pass it along to someone from FBS who's sincerely going to use it.

Please email me a compelling, and brief reason why you should be the lucky one, by October 6 11:59pm. I'll choose someone by Friday, and this invite needs to be used by Sunday night. Send to professorsaltATgmailDOTcom

Thanks to those of you who convinced me to go ahead and upgrade from Blogger to the full blown, host it yourself version of WordPress. I've made the leap and am in the middle of tweaking the software. That's why I'm not going to need the invite myself.

This post was written by Professor Salt from You gonna eat that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are you using the same version that you are giving away?

Professor Salt said...

No. I'm using the full, highly configurable version that I host myself. The one I'm giving away is a simpler hosted version which has some of the bells and whistles removed. On the other hand, you don't have to configure a server and maintain your blog, either.

What I'm offering is also called WordpressMU, for MultiUser. There's a FAQ on their site www.wordpress.com