Tuesday, October 04, 2005



I might be dreaming here, but wouldn't it be good if blogger let you mark certain people as spammers? And not be continually bothered by the same people continuously?

I have noticed something interesting, I didn't have any spam since I put the blogger comment hack on eatstuff, until yesterday. Since then I have had heaps. But they are not going through the comment hack for the spam, because when I get an email it is from their name and not anonymous like everyone else. GRRR!

Has anyone else noticed this?

I tried turning word verification on, but it is really annoying. You have to enter the word verification after the comment has been made and you have submitted it. Do you think this is too much for commenters? Can anyone help?


This post was written by Clare Eats from Eat stuff


3 comments:

Tana Butler said...

I don't find the word verification too very annoying. It's just the cost of doing business: spammers piddling everywhere make these measures necessary. It's not that much of a hassle.

Rachael Narins said...

SO weird. I just started getting spam over the last few days too. It forced me to put the word verification on my site, which I really dont like (for one thing Im insanely dyslexic and for another its messing up my "automatic fill in" or whatever its called, big time)
I have asked blogger several times about blocking or marking commentors and they responded that at this time word verification is the only option...

Anonymous said...

Interesting, - so you aren't able to block IP addresses if you are using Blogger?

Do any of the free blog hosts have that capability?

-h