Wednesday, June 15, 2005

AQIS Rules [Food Exchanges]

There has been a recent interest in food exchanges and questioning on what can be sent to Australia. I found some resources and have put the links on my blog. This is the permalink
I hope this information may help other food bloggers, but I offer no guarantees that any products following these guidelines wont be confiscated by AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service). I thought that other bloggers might like to find the information for their country and post it here too.

1 comment:

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

Boy... for import into the US, they rarely look in your container. It depends on the wording that is on your description. Based on experience, don't send a ziplock baggie of dried catnip, or oregeno, or anything dried and green ;) And don't send dry ice to Africa (most other countries, it's ok to send).
Don't ship live specimens... its just easier that way (I ship live fish internationally for my job. It's alot of special wording and paperwork, especially when dealing with Germany).

Its great that you've posted such a handy guide Clare. Your country (and England) are definitly good ones with which to know the parameters.