Monday, November 07, 2005

McDonalds Around the World Round-Up


For anyone outside of the Tri-State area who reads my blog, I need your help. Do you have a local McDonalds? If so, please take a picture of their menu board or some featured items (particularly ones you think might not be available elsewhere) and send it to me via e-mail (as a jpeg). I'm working on a future event and thought this would be something fun. One of our employees is a recent college graduate and returned from some exciting trips to India, Cambodia and Thailand. He's actually worked with us off and on since he was in high school and is a big help in the office, especially to me since things are kinda hectic there now. Anyways, he has gorgeous photographs from all of his trips (he's done 11 countries in the past 4 years), each in its own album. I happened to be going through the India album the other day and spotted a picture of a menu board from a McDonalds he visited, and it was really interesting to see the differences in what they offer there versus here. Being a worldwide chain, you kind of just assume that they all carry the same basic items. Of course I know they don't, just not to what extent. In fact, even the McDonalds in Massachusetts, just a few hours away, have things we don't have here (lobster rolls!). So, take a picture of your local McDonalds menu board and send it in. Feel free to highlight your favorite items, or point out unique selections. If you have a blog, include a link to your blog so I can include that in the round-up. I'll post a McDonalds Around the World Round-Up at the end of the month. Can't wait to see what you all send me!


This post was written by Sweetnicks from Sweetnicks


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visit their website and see the menus.

Here is a link to their menu in Belgium.

http://www.mcdonalds.be/nl/index_NL.php?page=menu

Easier.

Why bother celebrating such a nasty corporation?

Too bad your co worker went around the world and was acting like such a n American. Food not good enough in Thailand?

Cate said...

Ouch. Considering you don't know me nor my co-worker, I think your comments were out of line. I'm not going to defend him point-by-point but you couldn't be more wrong.

Rachael Narins said...

They are a totally nasty corporation ...he IS right about that. The rest seemed a touch harsh though...

Cate said...

Thanks, Rachael. My co-worker is not an "ugly American," I assure you, but didn't feel the need to debate his merit or character.

Yeah, McDonalds isn't exactly fine dining, but I picked it because it's a worldwide restaurant that everyone can participate in.

Ed said...

Politically sensitive , yes. I have one near the end of my street and whenever I prepare something like Steak Tartare avec frites I get them from Maccas. they are the best. Also you'll find hundreds of thousands of kids get their first jobs at Maccas. It is a great training ground for personal discipline and learning how to work within an organisations process. When I employed magazine designers and I had to pick between two I chose the person who worked at Maccas.

SaltShaker said...

I'll try to get over to the Kosher McDonald's here in Buenos Aires, just because it's different (supposedly the only other kosher McD's is in Tel Aviv). I imagine there aren't any bacon-cheeseburgers on the menu board...