Monday, December 12, 2005

VenderPro.com: BEWARE!



On Friday, I was very excited to receive this e-mail:
I've spent a lot of time at the Gastro Gear website and I think your T-shirts are perfect for our stores. I especially like your "Garlic me all over" and "Great legs" designs. We work hand in hand with the largest stores in the country, plus thousands of small to medium sized specialty businesses stretched across the U.S.. If you want the opportunity to sell your products through major retailers like Sears, Macys, Nordstrom, Robinsons May, JC Penney, Target, QVC, HSN, etc ... plus the other 51005 gift stores, 11329 men's clothing stores, 39089 women's clothing stores, 7129 children's clothing stores, and over 24000 mail-order catalogs ... check us out at http://www.VendorPro.com

Sincerely,
Mark Adams
VendorPro.com


And I mean really excited. I called my husband and told him about it (he also has a line of t-shirts designed around poker and playing cards), and we were considering whether to pay the $350 and join this outfit.

Thank goodness my business mentor told me, "Google them and see what you find out." I did so, and learned that they have a Better Business Bureau rating of F. More than that, complaints are scattered all over the internet, discussing how disreputable they are.

The moral of the story is: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Beware. Most of the complaints were that the letter is just a template into which the slurky salespeople insert Your Name Here...although this guy clearly had seen my designs, which he cited.


This post was written by Tana from Small Farms: A Blog from the Heart


1 comment:

nika said...

The big heads up should be the $350 fee. Just like you would not pay a job placement firm to find you a job (huge no-no) this is also a no-no.

Dont wait for those big companies, find a way to submit it yourself. I dont know if they do that, I bet their buyers are saturated by unsolicited submissions and likely do their own cool-hunting.