Saturday, October 28, 2006

[Blogger Template] Inserting A New Banner and a new Side Bar

OK this is an update from my last post. I managed to get the image up for my banner. It even looks good on Safari and Firefox. A thanks to Paul, McAuliflower and all those who helped.

BUT

I got a good one for you: Why the hec is this banner not showing in IE? I have no idea. Firefox shows it, Safari shows it - IE fails to show it. Check it out on my test site.

I would also like to add a third column on the left side of the blog. It should look more or less similar to the side bar on the right. Can anyone help me?

I'd really appreciate step by step instructions on both these issues.


This Post was written by MEETA from WHAT'S FOR LUNCH, HONEY?

4 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that! But it does not do it. I am not able to view it on IE.

I am not sure why this is happening ...

Any guesses!

Anonymous said...

Copy Andrew's #header div style exactly.

You've got a semicolon after the 'transparent' -

A semi colon in CSS is basically a period. The url on the next line should be read as a value to the background attribute. So in English it would read something like-

set the background on this div to transparent with an image from this url;

set the padding on this div to 90pixels on the top on bottom and 0 pixels on the right and left;

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

excellent! many eyes make better code...

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Hello! WOW! I managed it. I did the change and it's looking good on all three browsers now.

THANK you Andrew and Paul. Huge hug from me to you boys.

I also did a little color makeover to my main blog and I am really happy with it.

I appreciate your time, advice and help on this.