Saturday, July 28, 2007

Feed updates with Bloglines...

So after reading this post on the feedburner site, I went ahead and followed the instructions to set up the "one-click redirection" of the feed on blogger last week. I use bloglines to as my feed reader and have my own included so we can see how it comes across. However, bloglines is (almost) constantly showing updates on older posts, even though I have not edited them or touched them for weeks.

Anyone know why this might be happening? I just wonder why those posts are showing as being updated/new, but I've not done anything to them. Sometimes it will show 10-15 posts have been updated!

This Post was written by Joe from Culinary in the Desert.

5 comments:

Derrick said...

I've been noticing this as well, with all my feeds. I think it's just some glitch behind the Bloglines wall.

Cybele said...

It's a bug at bloglines.

I've noticed it going on for about 10 days. Blogs just show up with 5 or 10 "new" posts when they're actually not. At first I thought it was blogger, or wordpress or feedburner. But the only thing they all have in common is that I'm reading them on bloglines.

Janet said...

Yes, the same thing is happening to me. It drives me crazy. I keep worrying that people will get annoyed with all my posts, and unsubscribe!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure whether it's at Bloglines or at the feed. I also have my feed show up at my Bloglines reader, and it seems to update appropriately. Some other blogs I subscribed to, however, seem to update MANY posts and very often, and they've done that for as long as I've been using Bloglines.

My guess, esp. since it seems to happen most with a couple of particularly active feeds, was that the feed somehow is set up to "update" anytime someone posts a comment. No help from me, I guess...

p.s. I guess I'll be calling myself Janet M since that other Janet keeps posting! Hey, Janet! I'm not used to being around others with that name. :-)

Paul said...

It seems to be at Bloglines since I've noticed this happening with non-Blogger feeds.