Thursday, May 14, 2009

Header-Image problem

I have finally got round to changing my blog to the (no longer new) 'elements' template/layout version of Blogger and it's causing me a bit of a headache regarding my header.

I am using an image which incorporates my blog name as my header, and have selected the elements option 'have instead of title & description' as otherwise they appear in stark black font over the top of my image - regardless of what font colour I select for them! I don't want them to show at all, but this option I have taken at the moment means there is no text for search engines to utilise, so my ranking is lousy and if you search for my site the description text is a rather useless "skip to main | skip to sidebar. Souperior" etc, rather than my own description.

Can anyone tell me how I can keep my title & description visible to search engines but not have it showing up through my lovely header image?

This Post was written by Fahara from Souperior

7 comments:

Dawn0fTime said...

I'm not familiar with Blogger (I'm a Wordpress gal), so hopefully someone will come up with a better answer for you. But can you set the font size for your header? Perhaps you could try setting the font to something very tiny, then choose a color as close to your header image color as possible.

~ Dawn of Dawn's Recipes

bobatea said...

You just need to put the Description and Keywords and Meta contents: and searcg engine willl automatically read them. but if you want the search engine to read some other text, you can use it in the alt tag of your header image.

Trig said...

It's a while since I set mine up, but I think what you do is use Google Webmaster Tools to register and verify your blog. You then get the option to enter a description and you can also see exactly how the Googlebots see your blog, i.e. what data will be found on searching. If you search my blog, for instance, it comes up as "Tales of an East Ender, passionately pursuing a life-long ambition to become a top-class, world-famous chef" but this description is not in my template or settings, but was submitted to Webmaster Tools. Or at least I think that's what I did.

Anonymous said...

Web templates can be used by any individual or professional to set up their website. Once a template is purchased or downloaded, the user will replace all mostly information included in the web template, flash template, psd templates professional offers with their own personal, more sophsiticated organizational structure or product information. Templates can be used to:

* Display personal information or day today activities as in a blog.
* Sell products on-line.
* Display information about a company or organizational structure
* Display a extra gallery of templates.
* Place music files such as mp3 on line for play through a web browser.
* To setup a private login area on-line.

iWrite2Know said...

Hurray! This is your chance to be featured on a professional website for free. For more info go to www.iwrite2know.com

From the desk of iW2K
'Get noticed.'

Ed hardy said...

Some people Ugg Boots who like the features offered Uggs by ugg boots still prefer not to go for it just Cheap Ugg Boots because they are worried about its Ugg Boots UK appearance. For them, there's good news - now,UGG Australia these boots are available in a wide variety Ugg Boots Saleof colors, sizes, and styles. No matter which type of apparel you are wearing, you can easily find cheap ugg boots to match with your personality.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.