Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ad Free and Proud of it?

You might then be interested in adfreeblog.org



By using the above icon and link on your website you are stating...

1. You are opposed to the use of corporate advertising on blogs.

2. You feel the use of corporate advertising on blogs devalues the medium.

3. That you do not accept money in return for advertising space on your blog.


For more information read the FAQ.

This is intended as an informational post. If anyone would like to debate the issues associated with it further then I suggest it would probably be a good idea to start another post specifically for that conversation.

This Post was written by Sam from Becks & Posh with thanks to Amy for bringing it to my attention.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love it! Fabulous idea.

Kitty said...

I would love to discuss this further with everyone, but I dont think i have the ability to start a new post here. Anyone care to start the discussion?

Kitty, My Husband Hates Veggies

Elizabeth said...

I love the idea of adfree blogging. And the little logo is cute. But isn't it enough to just have no ads on the adfree blog page?

I would hope that if bloggers mention a product in return for money from the manufacturer, they would have the decency to state upfront in the post that it is a "paid advertisement" (along the lines of the disclaimers for those horrible half hour 'infomercials' on TV)

-Elizabeth

P.S. I do have the ability to start a new post but it seems that the discussion about this might just as well be attached to this post.

kitchenmage said...

It's cute but there's part of me, the cynical part, that wonders at all the 'adfree' bloggers advertising the guy who came up with the 'adfreeblog' logo. Two clicks from the 'adfree' faq is a store owned by an adfree blogger.