Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Is Ingrid Real?

I received an email from an Ingrid Escajeda claiming to be a producer for a new Food Network show. She was looking for story ideas. Just curious if others received this and if you think it is legitimate.

The phone number does link to someone with the same name in the Los Angeles area and there is an Ingrid Escajeda listed on IMDB but with a very short list of credits. The email address seemed off to me however. There was no evidence of the domain name connected with the address.

Thoughts?

This Post was written by Jennifer from Taste Everything Once.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be aware that a lot of Food Network content is produced by contracted producers so contacts from people not directly associated with the FN can in fact be legitimate.

Cate said...

No e-mail here, but sounds like a fun opportunity; here's waiting for exciting details. :)

Anonymous said...

I got the email too and gingerly wrote back to ask for more info. I imagined she is a freelance producer.

Owen said...

I got it too - assumed it was real - will write back to find out if it is OK to pass it along and get a few more details (length, are they going to want to film the people involved or are they going to fake it, etc etc)

Anonymous said...

i thought it sounds like she wants us to do her job for her. it wasnt a very well thought out or written email.

Unknown said...

Actually, sending out those emails was part of my research, which was most definitely me doing my job.

To everyone who helped me, thank you!!! Here are the lovely results:

Power of Food