Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dropped from Google and blocked for content

Many thanks to everyone who helped me get predatory pop-ups off my site.

I am afraid I need to trouble you again. My site is still blocked for some users "due to content." What might cause this? It seems to be a fairly recent development, or at least I only heard of it recently.

Equally troubling, My site is not turning up on Google or technorati searches, or "wikio" or "sphere" and possibly others. I am really hurting. I know Google used to send about 30/day, and then all of a sudden--nothing!


This Post was written by THE CHOCOLATE LADY from In Mol Araan

5 comments:

Cybele said...

Please don't think we're ignoring you and your question! I poked around at Google and couldn't find an answer about getting relisted. (It's possible that respidering will prompt them to list you again.)

You might want to join the Blogger Users Group at Google and see if anyone there can help you out.

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Thanks so much Cybele,

I am poking around the webmasters' tools page at Google. I will look into that users' group as well.

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Here's an interesting development. I couldn't figure out all the forms to submit to request reinclusion, so I thought I would just click on "add url" for the time being and see what happened. That was just barely an hour ago, and my hits *seem* to be back to normal (to the extent you can tell on a Sunday night--anyway they are no longer zero, and that is an improvement).

But now I am supposed to "verify" my site either by "uploading an html file" or something with a "meta tag" and I have no clue how to do either of these things.

Anonymous said...

Meta tags are very easy to insert into blogspot templates.

Just grab the code and place it in the template file someplace after [head] and before the close of that tag.

I think you're able to remove it after verification, but you'll have to check.

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Thanks so much CYbele,

I will try this.

I seem now to be reachable by image searches, but not Google web searches.