Thursday, May 17, 2007

Weird php code problem

A reader brought this problem to my attention today and I can only assume its been going on since I gave my blog a makeover a couple of weeks ago. This problem only happens in IE. In my sidebar, after a link is clicked it disappears until it is hovered over and then it momentarily reappears. I checked out the style.php code and found this code that controls that portion of the sidebar action:

.side ul a:hover {
color: ;
background-color: ;
}

I was able to fix it by a total fluke of accidently leaving off the } at the end of that statement. So now it works in FF and IE but this doesn't make any sense to me. Does anyone know php well enough to explain this to me ? Thanks.


This Post was written by Vanessa from What geeks eat...

2 comments:

Andrew said...

thats CSS not PhP - remove the whole thing and all will be fine

Scott at Real Epicurean said...

As the clever Mr Andrew said, it's CSS - which defines the style on your web pages (and is usually found in a CSS file), and not PHP.

Since those values (colour, etc) have no 'value' attached, they're redundant anyway, probably left behind from some old code changes.