Monday, August 21, 2006

Links Font Problem

I know I usually begin my seldom-asked questions with how very tech-challenged I am, and this time it's no different.
I've been trying to make the links on my sidebar smaller, all to no avail. I can't seem to find the correct place on my template to make the changes. I'll stab at it and end up making some other thing smaller :(
These links are under the gif image "Links" and if anyone would please take a look, you will see that the actual link type is larger than any other type on the entire sidebar. I would like that type to be the same size and font as my "previous posts".
Any help will be much, much appreciated.

www.christinecooks.blogspot.com



This Post was written by Christine from Christine Cooks


4 comments:

Susan Voisin said...

Christine, just taking a quick look at it, it seems that you have the links wrapped in the tag [h2 class="sidebar-title"] --in other words, they're classed as a sidebar title. I think what you need to do is remove that tag and the incomplete closing tag that follows [/h2]. Then your links should follow the style for unnumbered lists.

Hope that makes sense (and works)!

Anonymous said...

Yea, it's your incomplete closing h2 tag, and another misplaced closing h2 tag that's doing it. Don't remove the h2 tag, just fix its balance.

Your sidebar code's structure is:

<h2 class="sidebar-title">sidebar title image (about)</h2
<ul>
<li>link</li>
<li>link</li>
<li>link</li>
</ul>
sidebar title image (recently)
</h2>

When it should be (changes made in bold):

<h2 class="sidebar-title">sidebar title image (about)</h2>
<ul>
<li>link</li>
<li>link</li>
<li>link</li>
</ul>
<h2 class="sidebar-title">sidebar title image (recently)</h2>

Make sense?

Christine said...

Susan and Paul, Thank you both soooooo much. I'll give Paul's suggestion a try (it sounds easier) and report back.

Christine said...

Just wanted to get back to Susan and Paul to let them know what I did to fix this problem. I ended up removing the errant h2 tag per Susan's instructions and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again to both of you and to all you bloggers who give your time and expertise to us less fortunate souls. ;)