Tuesday, August 29, 2006

[Misc] BlogDay 2006 - August 31st

We're on Xerophiles already? You mean we're almost up to Zucchinis?? (Or will that be Zabagliones?) Dang, that's a lot of pupils. So, how do we even dare find the time to explore strange new blogs and seek out new civilizations caramelizations... er, you get the idea.

Well, here's one thought: BlogDay 2006.

The details from the BlogDay website:

What will happen on BlogDay?

In one long moment In August 31st, bloggers from all over the world will post a recommendation of 5 new Blogs, Preferably, Blogs different from their own culture, point of view and attitude. On this day, blog surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown Blogs, celebrating the discovery of new people and new bloggers.

BlogDay posting instructions:

1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interesting

2. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending on them on BlogDay 2005

3. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a a link to the recommended Blogs

4. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and

5. Add the BlogDay tag using this link: http://technorati.com/tag/BlogDay2006 and a link to BlogDay web site at http://www.blogday.org

Celebrate!


How cool is that? I missed BlogDay last year (and I'm still kicking myself about it), but I fully intend to join in this year and I hope other members of Food Blog S'cool will too. I encourage everyone to explore far and wide, check out the sites of some of our newest (and some of our oldest) pupils, and more than that, explore beyond the realm of food blogs and off into other unexpected areas of the blogosphere that still touch upon what and how we eat. (Read any good science blogs lately? There are some damn fine ones!)

So, who's with me for the festivities of BlogDay 2006? I think it's going to be a grand adventure!


This Post was written by MizD from Belly Timber.

4 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I'm planning to post but I'm having a very hard time narrowing it down to five blogs. I keep finding new ones! Can't wait to see what blogs others have found.

Sam said...

good post, Mrs D.
I am so pleased someone highlighted this here otherwise I would have forgotten to do it.

Kalyn is right it is very hard to whittle it down to five, it is aboout time I went too work looking for some...

L Vanel said...

Doea anyone know an alternate site where we can get the icons with the flags? The site seems to have crashed and I didn't copy mine right - having trouble getting my blog day post up!

Unknown said...

Props D, I totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me!