Here it is:
- On your PC, find the photo that you want to post.
- Using Picassa or your favorite photo conversion tool, convert the file to a 60 kB or smaller jpg. Use a short name, because of the Blogger's filename length limit.
- Create a new post in Blogger, and upload the photo to it.
- Switch to the "View HTML" mode, and copy the URL of the photo. Paste the URL in Notepad or another scratch space just in case.
- Save the post as a draft.
- Return to Dashboard.
- Edit your profile, pasting the URL from step 4 into the photo section.
- When you save your profile, the photo should appear.
Marc from Mental Masala