Saturday, February 18, 2006

Food Blog Scool Additions

I have added a link to a test calendar which anyone can edit and add their own food or wine blog event to. I have put in a couple of events as an example. Please feel free to add your own events to the calendar. (That's the theory - lets see if it works in practise, eh?)
(Thanks to Amy for the calendar info which she discovered whilst researching an entirely different project we are both involved in: when I saw it I figured we could test it out here - there may be better calendars out there but this one seemed so easy to use. let's see how it goes).

I have moved recent comments above recent posts in the comments section so that any recent comments are more easily viewable.

I am going to suggest that from this day forth, new pupils who want to do so, may introduce themselves with a brief post about their blog. I hope that you will give everyone a warm welcome. I usually sign up new bloggers bi-weekly, so these introductory posts will probably come in spurts. This idea is being tested on the next batch of pupils. We will see how it goes. I think it is a great way to find out about some new blogs.
[This Idea Courtesy of Alanna from A Veggie Venture - thank you Alanna!]

I apologize to current members who did not have the opportunity to do this in the past. In the interests of keeping the number of posts sensible, I would ask that anyone who was already signed up before today, refrain from creating an introductory post at this moment in time. We would be glad to have you all on the welcoming committee, though.

There are other ideas in the works for improving this site that are being investigated. If anyone has some free time (as if!) and would like to volunteer to do do some archiving in the mean time, then please let me know. thanks. Or if anyone has any ideas, especially ones that dont require a lot of manpower, please feel free to leave them in the comments.

This Post was written by Sam from Becks & Posh

13 comments:

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

yah! the calender idea is splendid.

David said...

The calendar doesn't seem to be accessible through the link.

Amy Sherman said...

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the calendar? If so try this address instead:

http://www.my.calendars.net/foodblogscool/

If that doesn't work, please report back

Sam said...

It would be great if we could have a details from the people having problems -
are you on mac or pc?
what kind of operating system?
Which browser do you use?
does cutting and pasting AMy's url work better?
anything esle you can think of.

If we can get it working, I thought it would be goos to have a round up calendar too. Or do you think we should have them both n th same calendar (was worried it might get a bit messy)

sam

Alanna Kellogg said...

It's working fine for me -- Alicat, I think the WCB is for Feb, not March.

Sam said...

i put that in - sorry - not alicat.
i removed it - apologies.
I just set it up in a quick hurry and made a mistake.

MizD said...

Amy's link works well (Calender looks great!)

Link on the sidebar needs a "www" in it to work on all browsers.

Thanks for all the hard work, Sam -- now go take your well-deserved break!!!

xoxox

Sam said...

ha ha ha - i took a break from my blogging so i had time to catch up on my food blog scool admin which i endeavour to do every 2 weeks. I dont want to let the new pupils languish in my inbox for too long.
But i am signing off because fred just woke up and i have to do taxes and enjoy my day off since I not only had to work yesterday, I have to work tomorrow and that sucks!

will add a www before signing off.
...

Sam said...

www added please see if that is better

toodle pip

MizD said...

Works for me on Firefox!

Thanks, Sam!

cookiecrumb said...

The whole world is conspiring to get me to quit using Safari. I can't access the calendar at all.
Mac. OSX. Safari. No.
Trying Firefox right now; be right back...
Yep, Firefox works. :)

Anonymous said...

Works for me in Safari 2.0.3, Mac OS X 10.4.4

If I get a sec, I'll try to figure out why it wouldn't work in certain browsers.

David said...

Works now for me (Safari, OSX Tiger), thanks!