Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Learning Movable Type

I apologize if I have written this post before ... I have certainly thought about writing it several times, and was reminded of it again tonight as I was poking around the web looking for a solution to a Typepad question.

Our own Elise Bauer of Simply Recipes is officially a BAD ASS CHICK. Not only does she run the hugely successful Simply Recipes, but she also founded a wildly informative website called Learning Movable Type.

There have been several "Full Circle Elise Bauer" moments at this house when, completely unplanned, I have been reading Simply Recipes next to my boyfriend who is reading Learning Movable Type. This site is a real asset to the blogging community.

The reason I am bringing it up here is to alert anyone using Typepad or Movable Type to her site, as it has helped me immensely in customizing my site. Don't forget that Typepad is essentially hosted Movable Type. So while there are some limitations, many of the tutorials offered on LMT translate to us Typepad users as well.


This Post was written by Jen Maiser from Life Begins @ 30.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Oh man, Jen. You sure know how to embarrass someone.

I'm delighted that you have found Learning Movable Type useful. I wish I had time to keep it more up to date, but cooking has sort of taking over any free time I once had.