I think they’ll be helpful for my fellow freshmen and maybe even you senior bloggers. In keeping with the sharing spirit, I was wondering if anyone else out there had any gems of promotion wisdom they’d like to share? I’m here to learn!
Here are Catherine’s tips (her site is http://albioncooks.blogspot.com/):
1. Get your food blog listed on Food Porn Watch (on my sidebar underMore Food Links), which lists your site (almost) every time youupdate it. This is a good way to get traffic and for people to findyour blog.
2. Leave comments on all the food blogs you like and people will findyou that way (and its fun to get conversations going etc).
3. Get Site Meter, a free traffic service so you know how many peopleare visiting. (People rarely leave comments so that's no guideline)
4.Get listed under Food and Drink on BlogTop Sites (Little buttonlink above my Save the Internet Button on sidebar).
5. Enter competitions and events - See "Is My Blog Burning?" linkunder my Other Food Links section.
6. Set up RSS Feed under Feedburner so people can subscribe to yourfeed.
Here are three of my own:
1. Using Flickr in conjunction with your blog gives visitors another entry point.
2. This one may sound obvious – but once your blog is launched, email everyone you know and tell them about it (and get them to tell everyone they know!) I was pleasantly surprised to get interest from people I never expected.
3. In addition to Feedburner’s email service, I put some widgets on my site that automatically add my feed to popular feed readers like Bloglines, Newsgator, etc.
Would love to hear what everyone else has to say on this topic. Thanks for the warm welcome!
This Post was written by Vanessa from vanesscipes