Thursday, February 22, 2007

Do's and Don'ts of Marketing to Bloggers

Following on Sam's most excellent example of stupendously bad marketing to bloggers, I've put together an article on my rarely-updated business oriented blog on the subject: The Do's and Don'ts of Marketing to Bloggers. The article is aimed at marketing and PR professionals and is written as a lead-up to a panel I'm on at the upcoming BlogHer business conference in NYC. A big thank you to those of you who contributed your thoughts on the subject when I put a call out here last December. You'll find many of the suggestions written in to the article.

Please feel to add more thoughts in the comments section of the post. Feel free to copy and distribute this article to whomever you think would benefit from it. Just today I got yet another lame "please promote my product" request and simply replied with a link to this article.

Cheers,

Elise
Simply Recipes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I hope Blogher is going to do podcast recordings for your session!

You would think that in this day and age PR people would 'get it', but the sad truth is that they probably have their unpaid intern shuffling these emails around like a cattle call. It's a numbers game to them still.

Kalyn Denny said...

Just bookmarked the article so I can link to it the next time I get one of those lame requests (like the one I got recently offering samples of chocolates from someone who's obviously never seen my blog.)

Sam said...

ha - you can send the choccies to me !


(only kidding)

Sam said...

ha - you can send the choccies to me !


(only kidding)