Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blogger Publishing Spam Lock

My blog publishing rights were blocked by Blogger. I attempted to write a new post and was greeted by a message that my blog was locked because it contained a lot of links and that is suspicious to their robots as a spam site. I replied to their link where they then responded that since I replied that indicated I was a "real" human and not a spammer. However, it would take approximately 2 days for someone from blogger to verify the authenticity of my site.

I do have the priviledge from Blogger of being able to write draft posts but the below message is listed on my edit post page.

Your blog is locked
Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.

We received your unlock request on March 4, 2007. On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam.

Find out more about how Blogger is fighting spam blogs.


Just an FYI to those of you using Blogger.

This Post was written by Sylvie from Soul Fusion Kitchen

11 comments:

FJKramer said...

Scary. I just went and took a look see at the affected blog and for the life of me I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Good luck and keep us updated.

sylvie1950 said...

fjk- you won't be able to tell by looking at the blog. It looks normal to the viewer. The messages and block occur when I try to edit or write a post.

Anonymous said...

Sylvia - how sad. It seems like a simple visit to your blog would make it obvious that you're a real person blogging, not some bot or splogger.

FJKramer said...

I meant that it didn't look like your blog contained any out of the ordinary links or content that would have warranted putting a spam lock on it.

Ilva said...

It has happened to me too but it was my recipe blogs (only links there) that were blocked so it didn't affect my blogging that much. You just wait and then they check it out and clear you. I can understand that it's annoying when it happens to your main blog but at the same time it's good they do something about all the spam blogs that are popping up all the time.

KT said...

How weird. It seems like it would be better is they could set up their system to send an alert if a "spam blog" is detected, and then they can check it out and see if it is or not. Rather than locking people out of their blogs first, and then checking to see if they are real.

s'kat said...

Like Ilva, the same thing happened to my recipes-only blog. I think it took them almost three days to release it. I can certainly understand your frustration with this!

sylvie1950 said...

They finally un-locked my site. I guess I should be happy it didn't take longer. I found the below email from the blogger Team:

Hello,

Your blog has been reviewed, verified, and cleared for regular use so that it will no longer appear as potential spam. If you sign out of Blogger and sign back in again, you should be able to post as normal. Thanks for your
patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,
The Blogger Team


I also would think they would have a more efficient way to find spam sites.

Liz said...

Stopping by to add my belated "yup, this has happened to me too," to the mix. Glad they unlocked you.

It does seem rather odd that they don't have a more efficient way of doing this. They're probably playing a lot of catch-up right now- in old Blogger every 3rd blog on the scrolling list of updated blogs was a spam site and they are probably just starting to weed them out.

Unknown said...

Buy lv online to save money. If you decide to buy a replica louis vuitton handbags for yourself or someone important you can start by shopping online for lv handbag
. You will find that Louis offers a large selection of handbags to choose from. There are several online stores that offer discounts on these handbags. One in particular store being eBay that offers a vast selection of louis vuitton bag
for much lower prices.

Unknown said...

The major revenue accruing to wholesale MATT HOUSTON distributors is through the sale of MATT HOUSTON DVD COLLECTION products to retail shops and video rentals. There has been considerable growth in the mail order rental via the Internet in the US. Netflix, which is one of the largest online rental companies, has more than two million customers. The company expects to have about five percent share of the entire US market in 2006. It ships about three million MATT HOUSTON DVD each week.


You need something to prove your true love, Tiffany jewellery of heart pendant can be the best choices. Tiffany necklaces can be the best choice. You know, silver necklaces can be a fashion and beautiful gift whether you give your love or true friends. Let them show their charm. They will be moved by you that you are so considerate. Tiffany pendants will never out of time just like your love and your friendship.