Sunday, March 11, 2007

[Layout] Banner Positions

Hi everyone.

I've been wanting to add a second sidebar to my layout for a long time now. I finally managed to do this by widening the entire content wrapper and inserting the second sidebar. My issue at the moment is with the banner and how it is displayed on different browsers and on different sized screens.

After widening the entire content wrapper I needed to get the banner to fit across the page too. However I was having trouble with this as each browser (Safari, Firefox, IE) rendered it differently. So I made the banner shorter and got it to look good in IE.

If you look at my test in IE:

http://test-wflh.blogspot.com/

You will see it looks OK (this time I worked to make it look good on IE first as I always have trouble with this gem of a browser). So, guess what? When viewed in Safari or Firefox the banner does not render itself properly. If I move it more to the right so that it looks good in Firefox/Safari then on IE it is pushed off the screen.

Is there a way to get the banner to render itself correctly on all three? Ideally I'd like to have my to fit aligned to the borders of the content wrapper for the browsers and also for different sized screens. Is there a certain piece of code for this?

Thanks in advance!


This Post was written by Meeta from What's For Lunch, Honey?

No comments: