Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Blog is Dead...

Unless someone is able to help. It's gone. Blogger basically said, "Sorry for the freak accident." I tried to repair the template myself, but it's more than I am capable of. As for how the blog is unless someone know's how to do a magic recover with html (i'm more than willing to pay and provide the password/username) Then... that's it. The blog is dead...

I guess I'm going to try and just purchase a space on typepad. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment that I can afford. I have all the old posts saved, but the recovery process is going to be a while...

Any and all advice is welcome. thank you.

This Post was written by Garrett from Vanilla Garlic


6 comments:

Sam said...

the template still looks fine to me?
It can be recovered from the source page.

Amy Sherman said...

It looks fine to me, is it back up? I've been using Blogger for 3 years and I've never heard of this before...

Unknown said...

No it's not back up. THe only source page I could get was august's. The main page didn;t exists anymore, it was just a blue screen. The template for the blog was wiped clean. I just pasted in August's source code just to have something there.

Amy Sherman said...

This is so terrible! Has customer service been able to do anything?

I know someone on typepad who had the same thing happen and lost literally years of content. They credited her account but what's gone is gone. I guess we all need to look into altrnative abck-up solutions unless we are hosting.

Sam said...

garret - is there anything missing from the front page you know have - that was in the original front page?

Unknown said...

Sam, you've saved me. I followed your advice, and after tinkering a bit, we're back in buisness. Let this be a lesson to everyone out there...

BACK UP EVERYTHING!

Thank God, I make copies of at least all my posts, now I will keep one of my template too.