Tuesday, September 05, 2006

(blogger) Request for help

All weekend when I looked at my blog in Firefox it looked fine. However today at work when I look at it in Internet Explorer it's completely messed up. The post for today (Sept. 5) is fine. Everything after is messed up, with the font being too big on most posts, and even the font title (which isn't even something you can change in Blogger) being too big on some posts.

Whatever it is, it's happening starting with the logo for Festa al Fresco posted yesterday; everything from that point on is messed up as far down as I can see on the main page.

I did notice all weekend when I tried to publish I kept getting an ERROR message and I'd have to hit the back button and publish again.

Anyone who has any suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated.


This Post was written by Kalyn from Kalyn's Kitchen.

4 comments:

Kalyn said...

By the way, I did find out the whatever it causing it is in the Festa al Fresco post (by clicking on each post one at a time(. It seemed to be happening after the festa al fresco logo, so I deleted it but that didn't fix it.

maki said...

This is your markup for the Pesto post title...which is rather messed up:

<h3 class="post-title">
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto or Spread
<brfesta al="" fresco="">
</brfesta>
</h3>

Probably correcting that would fix it.

mrs d said...

Hi Kalyn,

I posted a reply to this earlier, but it looks like it got eaten when the duplicate post was deleted. When I run into code glitches, I check them in the Web Developer plug-in for Firefox (clicking on "view source") and generally, what's breaking the page will show up in bright red on the souce code page. In this instance, it was that extraneous break tag sequence that Maki points out. That's probably causing IE to interpret the entire post as a title, rather than just the title.

Also, in my Web Dev check, I noted another glitch -- the sidebar link to hungryinhogtown has a + instead of a = after the href.

Hope this helps!

Kalyn said...

Maki and Mrs. D, thanks so much. That was the problem and it was caused by me leaving a bracket off. Also Mrs. D thanks for the tip about the Web Developer extension. I'll check it out for sure. Fixed the HIH error too.

(BTW, I thought I left a comment earlier thanking you so if that shows up here you've been thanked twice!! Either that or I'm hallucinating again.)