Monday, September 11, 2006

[typepad] About page template issues

So a few months ago I lovingly redesigned my blog on Typepad, using their tools as I am far from proficient in CSS. (My HTML education ended in 1998...) For some reason, though, even tho I have elected to apply the same template to my About page (http://hedonia.seantimberlake.com/about.html), it renders in only two columns, truncating my banner image. I've tried applying the custom CSS directly to the template to no avail, tho again I am rather a CSS neophyte. Little help?


This Post was written by Sean from Hedonia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm going back-and-forth with Typepad support on almost the identical subject right now. I'll let you know the outcome

Anonymous said...

Without delving into the code too deeply, the structure of the 2 HTML documents is different.

Besides the order of the content and the sidebar, which makes a difference, the main class of the body of the about document is set as class="layout-two-column-left".

Anonymous said...

I gave up on trying to change the columns on my about page and just used a narrower version of my header banner...

Anonymous said...

My Follow-Up: I essentially had to create an HTML template for the About page and copy-and-paste it into the 'Use a Customer About Page Template' field on the Control Panel->Profile->About Page screen.

The about page exists separately from the rest of your blog pages because you can can have more than one glog and they all share the same About page. My custom About page uses my blog's stylesheet, pointing to it using the full url.

seantimberlake said...

Thanks, Dave. I discovered (just now) a great workaround -- I just created a post backdated to before the beginnning of my blog, then created a new Typelist and added that as a link. Then I simply removed the About page from my content selections and inserted the Typelist. This way it obviates the need to edit a separate About page template, which seems kinda dumb anyway.