Friday, December 16, 2005

Typepad down: Menu for Hope campaign pages gone!



Hi everyone!

Those of you on Typepad would have known this already, Typepad went down last night. When they came back up they used a backup copy from a few days ago, and lost all the posts from the last few days!

The problem is all the Menu for Hope pages are GONE! They might come back, I'm sure folks at Typepad are working on it, but I don't want to lose momentum on this. We've been doing so well and go up by over a thousand every day! The last I checked we were at $6,473.00 and unfortunately there had not been any donation since Typepad went down. People must be wondering what is going on when they come to Chez Pim and couldn't find any of the post on Menu for Hope.

Would those of you NOT on Typepad put a post up about this? Please inform your readers that the fundraising page is temporarily down, and we are working to get it up as soon as possible. In the meantime, the donation page at FirstGiving is still up.

Is there anyone who has a copy of the entire menu? If you do you might want to speak up so the rest of us can point to your copy while Typepad works on the problem. Thanks so much.

keep your fingers crossed!
Pim



This post was written by Pim from Chez Pim


8 comments:

Cate said...

Pim, I sent you an e-mail re: this as well, but I have the whole menu in the original post I did about Menu for Hope II. You can see it here:

http://sweetnicks.blogspot.com/2005/12/menu-for-hope-ii.html

Let me know if you need me to do anything else.

Sam said...

pim i can send you back the code for the sfist post i did.

and the email you sent me without the links'
i will get onto it soon.

FJKramer said...

Pim,
I copied and pasted almost your entire post with all the gift pix.
If it helps, here's the link.
Let me know how I can help

http://clickblogappetit.blogspot.com/2005/12/menu-for-hope-ii-please-read-and.html
Faith

FJKramer said...

Pim,
I copied and pasted almost your entire post with all the gift pix.
If it helps, here's the link.
Let me know how I can help

http://clickblogappetit.blogspot.com/2005/12/menu-for-hope-ii-please-read-and.html
Faith

Marc said...

The Google cache might have contain some useful information. I found
this by googling for [dining for hope chez pim] (without the braces), and clicking the "Cached" link. However, I don't know how stable the cache is.

Isn't there something called the "wayback machine" that archives the web? I usually see it in political contexts, e.g., to find what the White House removes.

MizD said...

Oh no! There were a bunch of us with late entry prizes in the comments! I don't know if any of that ended up in other people's archived lists since it hadn't been posted on the menu updates yet. I remember seeing (aside from my own entry) at least four or so other entries not listed anywhere but the post comments. I wish I could remember who they're from.

Jennifer Maiser said...

I think everything is going to come back up. I just checked my blog and recent comments + posts are back, just not images. I bet the rest will be up soon too.

Pim said...

Thanks everyone.

Jen, that's what Typepad tells everyone. So I am waiting to see when Chez Pim would get the lost posts back too.

Thanks for all the links to the menu as well. I also found (thanks to Jen) that Rojo cached everything. So I have copies of everything and could restore the posts if we have to.

The only thing I'm worried about now is the momentum. We've been raising more money every day, and got to almost $6,500 when Typepad went down. Hopefully we would be able to gain that momentum back when Typepad is good again. Do we dare hope that we would make the $10,000 mark before the end of the campaign??

cheers, and thanks alll for your help,
Pim