Wednesday, August 24, 2005

[Ads] Selling Ad Space on Your Blog



Just curious what my fellow food bloggers have found to be the best way to make some $ with your blog? I've been running adsense and have looked at a few other advertising programs but have not exactly made a killing with them. That's not my main goal, but it would be nice to make some extra $ each month for doing something that I love doing.

What really prompted this question is an e-mail I received this morning from a potential advertiser. They were inquiring about rates & ad formats...neither of which I have! I'm just wondering if it's best to go through some kind of ad service or if I'm better off just selling ad space directly?

And btw, I checked out the FoodBlogAds but only have about 300 visitors a day so I'm still a ways off from being able to try it out.


This post was written by Jeremy from A Cooking Site


3 comments:

Elise said...

Hi Jeremy,
Several months ago I was approached by a couple advertisers regarding advertising on Simply Recipes. I set up a rate schedule and took the business. After a few months of this however, I decided not to do any more direct ads. Monthly invoicing was just too much of a pain, especially when the advertiser wouldn't pay promptly. If I were to accept direct ads again it would only be with a three month minimum.

Food and Cooking said...

Thank you elise, great advice. One of the things I was looking into was using the subscription feature of PayPal for billing purposes. It's automatic so to speak...just have to see if the advertiser wants to go that route. If they won't, I might ask for a deposit or pre payment seeing that I have no history with them.

Anonymous said...

Great information you got here. I've been reading about this topic for one week now for my papers in school and thank God I found it here in your blog. I had a great time reading this.Cars for sale ads