Tuesday, August 30, 2005

(Misc) After Buying a Domain Name...



I broke down and bought my domain name last week (www.sweetnicks.com) and set it up so if someone types that in, it will automatically forward to my blog. Easy enough. The problem is that if you go to my domain name, and then go to the links on my side bar for other blogs, when you navigate to them, it will still show my URL in the browser window. Not a HUGE deal, but when I want to refer to someone's link, it's not helpful. Is there an easy (laymen's terms) way to rectify this?


This post was written by Sweetnicks from Sweetnicks


3 comments:

Professor Salt said...

Hiya sweetnicks,

Like Nosher, I didn't see the problem either. I'm using a WinXP box with both IE6 and Firefox

Oddly, when I use IE, the sidebar frame (with your About Me and Links) is shifted to the very bottom of the main page. When I view your blog in Firefox, the sidebar is exactly as it should be, at the top of the page. Weird.

ChiefFamilyOfficer said...

Maybe you already fixed the problem, but I too got the new site's url when I clicked through. Also, I'm using IE and your sidebar content is at the bottom of the page for me (if it matters to you).

Cate said...

Yup, fixed the problem yesterday afternoon, probably right after you guys saw it. Thanks for looking - I really appreciate it. There are a little box about enable url or url keeper or something that needed to be checked or unchecked (don't remember), but I sent Domain Direct an e-mail and they answered the question quickly. Thanks for all your help!