Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bloglet subscription = not working

Gaaaaah. I have come to hate Bloglet subscriptions, but people keep signing up for them.

Right now, I get the notification that something is wrong with my weblog. When I "Test Connection," it tells me:

Connecting to XML-RPC server [http://www.typepad.com/t/api]

msxml3.dll error '80072efd'

A connection with the server could not be established

/includes/xmlrpc.asp, line 411

Does anyone else have regular problems with Bloglet? (And the fact that it is not supported!)

Also, is there any way for me to delete e-mail addresses of subscribers that I know are not working?

Thanks.

Grrrr, Bloglet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tana...switch to Feedblitz now - http://www.feedblitz.com/
-- there is a painless import feature that will move all your bloglet subscriptions right into the application...and it will determine which are not working addresses so you can delete them...after you have set it up click on the "gears" icon to get control of the amount of info delivered in each email (from full post to headline)...the basic service is free...(thanks to Elise Bauer for turning me on to this)

Anonymous said...

follow up to the feedblitz recommendation...
some of my subscribers were ambushed by the new look and "from" entry and so deleted the feedblitz emails without reading them...and a few found that they went in the spam bucket...so it's a good idea to send all your subscribers an email just before the change if you can...

Cate said...

I was having problems with them too, and after two unanswered e-mails to them, I switched to FeedBlitz per Stephen's suggestions, and haven't had any problems since. What's REALLY nice is that they can import your whole bloglet list so it can be done in a matter of minutes. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Another good thing about feedblitz is their service. my subscription didn't work so I emailed them about it and I received the solution to the problem the same day!