Sunday, March 19, 2006

Slow scrolling in IE

I've recently been getting e-mails from some of my readers saying that they're having very slow scroll rates or even difficulty loading my site at all. After questioning, it seems to come down to specifically people using Internet Explorer, but not all of them - perhaps different builds? I tried it in my IE, which I don't normally use, and it's definitely slower to scroll than in Firefox, but not significantly - it sort of has a slight stutter to it as you scroll down. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

SaltShaker said...

Sorry, I've never started a post in Blogger before - didn't realize it wouldn't give a link to who I am automatically. The site is www.saltshaker.net (no idea how to make that clickable in Blogger).

Stephanie said...

Hey saltshaker, I am defintiely no expert but I have had significant problems logging into your site. Always have and I use IE. In fact, it stalled my PC a few times, which is way I never visited your site after trying a few times. Always thought that was a pity as I saw from some references you had some interesting insights and recipes. But could never access your site. Sorry, wish I was more help.

Kalyn Denny said...

I use Firefox, but I also have IE on my computer so I checked, and it was just as you described, kind of jumpy and slower to scroll. Sorry I'm decidedly un-techie, so I have no suggestions as to why. No problem logging on though, even when I logged on with IE. Maybe just a tiny bit slower in IE but not bad.