Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Posts That Load a bit Oddly

As usual, it seems that I spent a great amount of time attempting to layout my posts with blogger. They look fine in one window, then once the official 'post' button is punched, they look completely different.

I spent some time today on a different system (a pc at work, but don't tell the folk I work for), and eventually, I was able to make it look alright.

I got home tonight, and because there was nothing else better to do just before I pop into bed, I checked the layout.

All wrong.

I'm on a little laptop, so don't know if that is why it looks so odd (really, it's not that little).

The pictures towards the end are triping over each other, and even straying into text territory. I'm totally verklempft. How to fix? Here's the offending post that I'm seeing so badly displayed on the home pc: http://skatandthefood.blogspot.com/2006/03/its-good-to-live-in-south.html

Oh, help would be so gladly appreciated- the computer world seems to flow along so nicely for awhile, and then- MEH! Not so much. :)


This Post was written by s'kat from s'kat and the food

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those floats can get out of hand pretty quick, especially if you are trying to balance the text alongside each picture. Differences in browsers, loaded fonts, and default font sizes will never make uncleared floats consistent from browser to browser.

You'll need to 'clear' the float before another float starts. There are more complicated ways to do this but a simple way is to use a break with a clear:

<br clear="left"> or <br clear="right">

For more on float read this Floaturial

Kalyn Denny said...

Some day I just hope I know half as much as Paul. (Sigh.) For a more low-tech solution, if you use the preview button in Blogger it can really help align photos and text, especially in a post where you have a lot of photos. Using the preview button shows where it will be in the published version (well, sort of) which may be very different than where it is in the compose mode. I just thought I'd mention that in case some people were new on blogger and hadn't noticed it. Preview is on the top right hand corner. It's easy to click back and forth with it.

s'kat said...

Kalyn, I've tried preveiw, but it still doesn't seem to line up quite properly.

Uncleared floats? Breaks? Sounds like I need to check out this tutorial. Thanks so much, paul!