Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Help! Sidebar now a bottom bar

I was fiddling with ad formats and some freaky things happened, mainly my right hand sidebar fell to thebottom of my page and the main content column now spans the whole page.

I use Movable Type. Four months ago I upgraded to MT3.2 but this particular blog in stil in MT3.1

I've been through the index.html with a fine toothcomb and tried adding and subtracting / div in the arrow brackets (this page won't acept html)– adding one does cause the column (still down under) to shift left.

I've been through the CSS and can't see anything obvious although I did changemy link colours to green today.

I'm sure it's something simple but can't put my finger on it.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

Ed from Tomato

2 comments:

Elise said...

Hi Ed,
Problems like these usually come from div tags or closing div tags that are missing. Run your site URL through the W3C html Validator here - http://validator.w3.org/ to help locate the problem. Also, you can post about your problem at the Movable Type Support forums at http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/forums/.

Ed said...

Thanks Elise.
Sussed it I spelt center the English way Centre> Really stupid I know but I can't help it.

Ed