Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bringing Up Blog

Dear Food S'cool,

I am the proud parent of a beautiful new bouncing baby food blog. Little Blog Appetit still has a lot to learn and so do I!

I would appreciate any comments and feedback on your experiences or suggestions for the following:

1. Visit counters -- Blogger doesn't offer this but they seem to have a tie in with several services that do. Is there any one service you'd recommend? It would be great to see exactly how many people are visiting my blog, but I don't want to load people with cookies or worse. Is there a downside?

2. Technical issues -- All this is new to me and this talk of RSS feeds, link backs, pings and the like is very confusing. Is there a resource that can explain what these are and how and why to use them?

3. Experience with moving from Blogger to MyBlogSite -- I lust (blush) after category archives. It looks like MyBlogSite provides those. Does anyone have experience with MyBlogSite and Blogger who can give me an idea of the pluses and minuses of the different services? Is there another free and easy service you'd recommend instead?

Thank you for all your help.

FJK
Blog Appetit
www.clickblogappetit.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog.

I personally don't like visitor counters. They don't tell you anything since the lone number isn't a realistic count of who's reading you. What you really want is a service that gives you real stats - how many pages your serving, how many unique visitors, and where those people are coming from.

There are several services you can just plug into your page, but I'm not familiar with any of them since my stats are all built-in services. There's lots of other helpful people here that will probably have answers to this and the other questions.

Good luck!

Rachael Narins said...

I use statcounter, but I also block myself from showing up on other peoples stats, so I know it isnt that accurate. (Did that make sense? LOL)

Joe said...

Ditto to what Rachael said - Statcounter is free and I've had very little issues with them. I did set up the blocking cookie so my site does not count my logins. I think sitemeter is another popular free counter.

Anonymous said...

I've been using Sitemeter on my blogs. It's free (if you display a tiny logo on your page) and provides all sorts of data: entry and exit pages, location (ISP and country, city, state), number of pages viewed, length of visit. You can also have a weekly report emailed to you (although it has less data). And, yes, you can set it not to count hits from your computer (although it does seem to count the ones you may make when you're logged in -- at least on Blogger).

Unknown said...

Burning the audio and video data to the appropriate disc format - either CD or MALCOLM IN MIDDLE

Gorge yourself on style with the fashionably edgy junk food E/W shoulder designers outlet Hardy clothing
. Go for the studded detail ED Hardy Shoes
. The hardy shirt
is put at the high front. The interior is printed all over with hardy shirt
logos and offers zip pocket and two open pockets.

Unknown said...

The new natural weight loss pill lida has come into the market after thorough scientific study. The main ingredient of lida daidaihua is capsicum which is nothing but the extract of red chili pepper. daidaihua contains compound called capsaicinoids which is responsible for the hot taste. lida slimming extract is found to have fat burning and appetite suppressing qualities thereby contributing to weight loss. slimming capsule has also the quality of speeding up the metabolic rate to burn fat fast. The capsicum extract is made as pills without the hot burning taste of capsicum. slimming capsules makes you eat less than usual because of the reduced appetite it causes by controlling the appetite centers of the brain. At present this unique slimming pill is available only online.



Coach Legacy has apparent abundant address to women of all ages. You can now boutique from Coach handbags
. It can be begin in New York or online. There you will acquisition every Coach Bonnie
backpack and accent that is fabricated by Coach. Look for the admirable Legacy Alligator bag that retails at $10,000. You may wish to alpha extenuative up now for this one. It's one aces bag. But, for those of us who adoreCoach Poppy
and wish to accept one and a abode to reside in, we can by the added affordable ones. Like the Chelsea or the Signature Stripes. These accoutrements accept multiples of styles and designs for anybody to abatement in adulation with.

Cupcake Toppers said...

It’s great to read such topical writing on the Internet as I have been able to discover here. I agree with most of what is written here and I’ll be coming back to this site again.