Saturday, January 27, 2007

[blog identity] Describing Your Blog -in Person

While refining our blog byline serves as a good writing exercise, its not a line I use in the Real World.

When explaining my blog to a friend or acquaintance, I find the first response needs to be succinct, and without the flourish our previous exercise allowed.

My typical first answer:
My blog is where I record my recipes. That way, I never lose them.


Not exactly a colorful response, but I'm working on it.

Distant Relative
: You have a blog?
...






This Post was written by McAuliflower from Brownie Points Blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, my relatives usually ask, "What's a blog?"

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

no kidding.

I've got the immediate family trained, but co-workers keep forgetting.

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

I might say, at an apropos moment:
That is exactly what my blog is about!