Wednesday, January 31, 2007

[new blogger] Header problem.

I've recently migrated, and most things work fine. (I had to replace all foreign characters - including accents - on my template as those were screwed up, but ok..)

However, my header is now a bit too high, and bumping into the NavBar. It used to be a space there - and I could be wrong, but wasn't it the same right here on Food Blog S'Cool?

If I hit "preview" in template editing mode, it looks right, but once I publish, it's not... Any insight? :)


This Post was written by Anne from Anne's Food

3 comments:

Ilva said...

Anne-I use Mozilla Firefox and it looks ok there but when I checked it out with Explorer it looks just like you wrote. But I don't have any ideas to how to solve it. Unfortunately.

Anne said...

Ilva, how interesting! Thank you - that could certainly be a clue. :)

Trig said...

Here is an example of "conditional" html code from my own blog. The comment towards the end is only rendered by IE and implemented if the condition is true, i.e. a version of IE greater than or equal to v5. Other browsers ignore it. So you can put lines in there such as my extra margin and padding lines and they will only take effect under IE. If you search on "conditional html code" you will find clearer instructions.

@media all {
#content {
width:965px;
margin:0px 0px 0px 20px;
padding:10px 0px 0px 20px;
auto;
text-align:left;
<!--[if gte IE 5]>
margin:0px 15px 0px 0px;
padding:15px 15px 0px 0px;
<![endif]-->
}

I hope this displays as intended as I had to convert characters to ascii. Good luck and don't forget to take a copy of your template first!