Friday, January 12, 2007

Selective .XML Feeds?

Last night I cooked a meal, with my father helping out and taking photographs so I could publish a photo recipe afterwards. I posted a piece on the meal, with one photo, on my main page and asked my dad to upload all the best photos and set up a proforma recipe in my Blogger archives for me to add the text to when I got back from college. Assuming that articles not on the main page were effectively hidden unless linked to, he published the proforma only to receive a comment (from Silverbrow). He then realised that this archive posting (and a second one) was sent out to .xml feed aggregators such as Google Reader.

For work in progress like this you could keep everything in draft form, but it's much easier to see it in published layout and just make final changes and then link to it from the main page. So does anyone know a simple way to select whether postings are sent out as feeds by Blogger?

This Post was written by Trig from Aidan Brooks: Trainee Chef.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just in case anyone visits this old post of mine, I found the solution in the end. Many bloggers will already know this very obvious answer, I'm sure. You simply create a second blog that you interlink with your first one, but set the second blog to have no .xml feed. Simple!