Thursday, January 04, 2007

Picassa Web Album Erased by Google

Ok has anybody had Google remove pictures from their Picasa web album. All I had in there were all my food blogging pictures and they are all gone and I am being told that I violated their terms of service. How does food pictures do that? I also have not given anyone access to my account. Does anyone know what I should do?

The reason this panics me is that I can't upload photos directly from Blogger so I have to use the html of the picture from Picassa to have pictures on my blog. I also don't know if my pictures will start disappearing.

Update: Actually it looks like they canceled everything. My Gmail, My reader, everything.

This Post was written by Chrispy from Experimentation of Taste

4 comments:

Sam said...

DO you have a link to their terms of service? Have you read it?

chrispy said...

I have read it completely and unless a spammer hacked into my account I personally have done nothing.

http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html

Anonymous said...

That is really strange, especially canceling all your other Google services also.

Do you have any answers yet? Keep us posted on your situation.

Anonymous said...

If you are having trouble with Picasa, you may want to try to store your photos at photobucket.com. This service is free and is used to retreive urls for your webpages and blogs. Unfortunately, you may have to find another email address to use.